Full disclosure this isn't my actual recipe, but one that I nabbed from Delish! I've made it a few times for taco nights with friends... they loved it the first time and ask about a redo constantly!
The only tweaks that I make 1- I go a little lighter on the mayo for the slaw & 2 - I use greek yogurt instead of sour cream for topping.
3 Tbs evoo, juice of 1 lime, 2 tsp. chili powder, 1/2 tsp. ground cumin, 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper, 1 1/2 lb of cod (or other white fish... haddock works good too), 1/2 tbsp veggie oil (this is just oil to put in the pan before frying the fish... I've found a little spritz of cooking spray is just fine before I put the fish in the pan), salt & pepper, 8 corn tortillas (I fry them in oil before serving), 1 avo for topping, lime wedges & sour cream to serve (I use greek yogurt)
For the slaw - 1/4 c of mayo ( i go a little lighter), 2 tbsp. lime juice, 2 tbsp cilantro (if you have the taste buds for them... I put it on the side for a topping if cooking for my friends...to some cilantro tastes like soap water), 1 tbsp of honey, 2 cup of shredded purple cabbage (I buy a bag of slaw from the salad aisle), 1 cup of corn kernals, 1 jalapeno minced
- In a medium shallow bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne.
- Add the cod, tossing the filets in the mixture to evenly coat. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the slaw: In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lime juice, cilantro, and honey. Stir in cabbage, corn and jalapeño. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil. Remove the cod from the marinade and season both sides of each filet with salt and pepper. Place the fish on the pan, flesh side down. Cook until the fish is opaque and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Let rest for about 5 minutes before flaking the fish with a fork.
- Assemble tacos: Serve fish over grilled tortillas with corn slaw and avocado. Squeeze lime juice on top and garnish with sour cream.