Well the gender pay gap my friends is real! Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer is being replaced by Thomas McInerney and his base salary is double (base isn't including all the bonuses he can make). I mean 1 million to 2 million dollars...no big deal? That's right he will be making guaranteed $2 million a year.
So with that news 24/7 Wall St.
decided to crunch some numbers from the the Bureau of Labor statistics and compared the weekly earning of women to men for the same jobs. These are the 10 worst paying jobs for women -
- Personal Financial Advisor: On average women make 56% of what men make in the exact same position.
- Insurance Sales Agents: Women make 58% of what men make.
- Physicians and Surgeons: Women make only 63% of what male doctors earn.
- Real Estate Agents and Brokers: 64%
- Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales: 65%
- Marketing and Sales Managers: 65%
- Administrative Service Managers: 68%
- General Sales Reps: 69%
- Teachers and Instructors: 69%
- Financial Managers: 69%